This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, explores how mentoring is an important tool for developing leaders and building more equitable public health organizations.
- Describe the need for formal mentorship in the current era of public health practice.
- Discuss the importance of equity and inclusion in mentorship and how to put these values into practice.
- Preview a new online resource for strengthening mentorship in public health agencies of all sizes.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; administrators, leaders, and workforce development specialists
Jackie Litzau, MPHc, University of Washington School of Public Health
- What kind of mentorship model could best support your organization?
- What is the first step you would need to take to strengthen mentorship in your organization?
Slides and Resources
- Slides | Slide handout (3 slides per page)
- Mentoring Matters online course
- Public Health Workforce Interests and Needs Survey (2017 National Findings) (PDF)
- Sample Individual Development Plan (Word)
- Managing Up Checklist (Word)
Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm PDT
Leadership & Management
Hot Topics in Practice
Leadership and Systems Thinking Skills