In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, Judith LaPan, MS, MBA, discusses how her rural Montana health department adopted an emergency response framework to better support emotional health in their community.
- Understand the importance of a community-based approach to improving emotional wellness and addressing mental health in areas with limited resources.
- Understand the process and tools used to create a community-driven plan to improve emotional wellness.
- Identify solutions being implemented to improve emotional wellness and community resiliency.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; behavioral and mental health providers; non-profits, faith based organizations, and veteran’s groups
Judith LaPan, MS, MBA, Lead Local Public Health Official, Richland County Health Department, Montana
- Think about non-traditional partners that could be engaged in supporting emotional wellness in your community. Who can promote health messages so that the entire community is engaged?
- What are some existing policies or community norms that need to change to improve emotional wellness in your area?
- How can you maximize existing resources to improve emotional health and wellness?