This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, reviews how non-tribal public health agencies can better collaborate with tribal entities to support community health.
- Describe important historical events for tribes in Washington that shape their communities today.
- Define key concepts like sovereignty, collaboration, and consultation as relevant to working with Native American tribes.
- Identify resources to strengthen good working relationships with tribal public health partners.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals
Tamara Fulwyler, MPH (Chickasaw), Tribal Relations Director, Washington State Department of Health
- Who are your tribal public health partners?
- What are the benefits of building good working relationships with tribal public health partners in your area?
- What can you do to increase your cultural knowledge of your tribal public health partners?
Monday, September 23, 2019, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm PDT
Hot Topics in Practice
Cultural Competency Skills