This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, reviews the investments needed to build a modern public health system.
- Describe historical trends associated with disinvestment in core public health services.
- Identify the risks of disinvesting in public health in light of current crises like COVID-19.
- Consider policy actions to reverse trends of disinvestment and improve the nation’s public health infrastructure.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; leaders and administrators; elected officials and other decision-makers
John Auerbach, MBA, President and CEO, Trust for America’s Health
- What are the local impacts of public health disinvestment in your jurisdiction?
- What new policy priorities could improve emergency preparedness efforts in your community?
- How can people and organizations influence policy-making to better address the social and economic conditions that promote health equity?