This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, explores the root causes of COVID-19 health inequities.
- Describe the origins of the health equity work in King County, Washington.
- Review new data about COVID-19 that reveal its disproportionate impacts on communities of color.
- Explore strategies for addressing structural racism and strengthening resilience in underrepresented communities.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals
Matías Valenzuela, Equity Director, Public Health - Seattle & King County and Director of COVID-19 Community Mitigation and Recovery
- Has your agency reviewed race and ethnicity data related to COVID-19 for your jurisdiction?
- What work has your organization done to better understand the root causes of health and equity?
- Name one action you could take to learn more about the impacts of racism on people’s health.
- Name one action you could take to address structural racism in your public health work.
Slides and Resources
- Slides | Slide handout (3 slides per page)
- King County Equity and Social Justice Strategic Plan 2016–2022 (PDF)
- King County COVID Race and Ethnicity Data Dashboard
- Making meaning of the COVID-19 race and ethnicity data: A conversation with our Health Officer and our Equity Officer