This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, reviews the nuances of local governance in Washington state to better understand the financial, political, and cultural factors that influence local public health oversight.
- Understand the nuances of local governance in Washington state, with an emphasis on the community response to local public health decisions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Describe the financial, political, and cultural factors that influence and drive local public health oversight.
- Gain insights and strategies for addressing local and state policies that impact public health governance.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals
Jaime Bodden, MPH, MSW, Managing Director, Washington State Association of Local Public Health Officials
- Why is public health governance across states, and even at the local level in Washington, so varied?
- What is it about the COVID-19 pandemic, or just right now, that has thrust local public health governance into the forefront of public policy?
- Why should private entities like health care and business, as well as the public, be more aware of governmental public health agencies and the current policy conversations around restructuring local public health in Washington?