This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, explores strategies for building trust and confidence in local public health.
- Describe the unique characteristics of Idaho’s South Central Public Health District and how COVID-19 has impacted the people and industries there.
- List key leadership strategies for building trust with elected officials, community partners, and the public to address the health risks associated with a pandemic.
- Consider lessons learned for navigating the politics of a pandemic.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; community health partners
Melody Bowyer, MBA, District Director, South Central Public Health District, Idaho
- How do you best tailor mitigation strategies to meet communities’ specific needs in response to COVID-19?
- How can leaders promote resiliency within the public health workforce during and after a pandemic?
Slides and Resources
- Slides | Slide handout (3 slides per page) (available immediately before the session)
- Voter Awareness of Local Public Health Departments
- Key Metrics for COVID Suppression