In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, Jennifer Messenger Heilbronner shares strategies for messaging health equity to decision-makers to ensure underresourced communities have access to new programs and funding created by a policy.
- Analyze values that impact decision-makers’ receptiveness to policies that advance health equity and protect vulnerable populations
- Describe messages that motivate decision-makers to purposefully advance health equity through public policy
- Identify ways to avoid the reflexive default to “individual responsibility” framing for health issues
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; policy advocates working with decision-makers; health equity advocates
Jennifer Messenger Heilbronner, Executive Vice President, Metropolitan Group, Portland, Oregon
- If you have discussed health equity with policy or other decision-makers, what did you say and what was the reaction?
- If you haven’t discussed health equity with policy or other decision-makers, what has prevented you from doing so?
- Think about your service area. What populations/geographies in that area have the greatest health or economic need? What proof points could you offer about why new health policies should be implemented there first?