In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, communications professor Devon Greyson explores ways to help public health professionals and clinical providers speak about vaccinations.
- Describe the importance of understanding individual and community factors that influence vaccine hesitancy.
- Identify context-appropriate interventions to build trust and confidence among parents and community partners.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; clinicians who provide or advise on vaccination
Devon Greyson, PhD, MLIS, Assistant Professor of Health Communication, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Who are the un- and under-vaccinated groups in your community?
- What are their needs, values, and trusted information sources?
- How can the vaccine-hesitant populations in your region be reached with confidence-building messages? Who are the potential community allies and partners in this work?
Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm PDT
Infectious Disease & Immunizations
Hot Topics in Practice
Cultural Competency Skills
Policy Development/Program Planning Skills
Public Health Sciences Skills