This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, considers how to frame vaccine issues and promote responsible media coverage.
- Describe the role of message framing in driving the public’s understanding of vaccines.
- Consider research-based principles related to framing vaccine coverage.
- Discuss opportunities and strategies for improving media coverage of vaccines.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; communication specialists; reporters
Marion Ceraso, MHS, MA, Associate Professor of Practice, College of Public Health and Human Sciences, Oregon State University
- How are we as public health professionals engaging with the media on the topic of vaccines?
- In your experience, what are some of the largest gaps in media reporting on vaccines?
- How might public health, as a field, address vaccine misinformation in the media without “feeding the trolls”?
Tuesday, December 15, 2020, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm PST
Hot Topics in Practice