During this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, Marguerite Ro and Representative Mia Gregerson will explore how data can influence advocacy and policy priorities, identify gaps in the existing knowledge base, and zero-in on the caregiving and basic needs of Washington’s older adults.
- Identify the caregiving and basic needs of Washingtonians over the age of 50.
- Understand how data influences advocacy and policy priorities related to housing.
- Identify gaps in the knowledge base that would benefit from additional research and evaluation.
Local, state, and tribal public health practitioners
State Director, AARP Washington
Washington State Representative, 33rd Legislative District
- What demographic shifts are occurring that impact the provision of health and human services, including housing?
- What strategies exist to address the need for affordable housing, particularly for older adults and their families?
- What health impacts are associated with caregiving supports?
Continuing Education Credits
Up to 1 CPH recertification credit may be earned by viewing this webinar. Visit the National Board of Public Health Examiners to learn more.
Tuesday, May 23, 2023, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm PDT
Violence and Injury Prevention
Hot Topics in Practice
Policy Development/Program Planning Skills