This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, explores how public health professionals can take a lead in preventing opioid misuse. This presentation is part two of a two-part series exploring systems thinking and public health. Watch part one.
- Explore how to apply systems thinking methods to analyze the opioid crisis.
- Describe public health’s role in addressing substance misuse and addiction at the community versus the client or clinical level.
- Review how to apply a comprehensive, cross-sector approach to the opioid crisis at the local and state levels.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; leaders developing or implementing substance misuse and prevention plans
Michael Fraser, PhD, Chief Executive Officer, Association of State and Territorial Health Officials
- What elements of a comprehensive response to the opioid crisis has your agency adopted? Where do you see increased opportunities in the future?
- What barriers do you experience in your agency when taking a systems-thinking approach to the opioid crisis? How can you overcome them?
- What success has your agency had in addressing adverse childhood experiences? How is your agency leading or supporting efforts to prevent them in your jurisdiction?