In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, lactation consultant Camie Goldhammer reviews how communities of color are reclaiming breastfeeding as an indigenous food source.
- Review how breastfeeding was historically discouraged among communities of color and the barriers that created.
- List three benefits of breastfeeding as noted in the scientific literature.
- Review how public health professionals from across many disciplines and departments can support breastfeeding through their work.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; maternal and child health specialists
Camie Goldhammer, MSW, LICSW, International Board Certified Lactation Consultant
- How does your community or the communities you work with view breastfeeding?
- How does (or could) the work of your department or program better support breastfeeding?
Thursday, June 29, 2017, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm PDT
Maternal and Child Health
Hot Topics in Practice
Community Dimensions of Practice Skills
Cultural Competency Skills