This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, considers successful strategies for COVID-19 vaccine distribution in Alaska.
- Understand the role of the Alaska Tribal Health System, tribal self-determination, and Alaska Native demographics.
- Describe how the Alaska Tribal Health System supports Alaska’s public health system and industries.
- Review Alaska’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the innovative state and tribal vaccination campaign.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals
Verné Boerner, President and CEO, Alaska Native Health Board
- What are some of the unique and challenging factors rural and frontier areas face in vaccinating residents against COVID-19?
- Which system-level factors, such as existing state infrastructure and operations, have helped support Alaska’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic?
Continuing Education Credits
Up to 1 CPH recertification credit may be earned by viewing this webinar. Visit the National Board of Public Health Examiners to learn more.
Thursday, May 27, 2021, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm PDT
Infectious Disease & Immunizations
Hot Topics in Practice
Community Dimensions of Practice Skills
Leadership and Systems Thinking Skills