In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, Public Health Director Dawn Emerick, EdD, shares how her division embraced the Chief Health Strategist role to better work with new partners and demonstrate their agency’s value to the community.
- Identify three necessary change management tactics for organizational restructuring.
- List two examples of successful activities for implementing a strategic plan.
- List at least two lessons or recommendations for integrating change management principles and making change stick.
Local, state, and tribal public health supervisors, managers, and directors
Dawn Emerick, EdD, Public Health Director, Clackamas County Health, Housing, and Human Services
- What are the biggest challenges in positioning a local public health agency as the county’s Chief Health Strategist?
- On a scale of 1–5 (1=no confidence, 5=you inspire others to take action), how do you rate your persuasive communications skills?
- Auerbach J. The 3 Buckets of Prevention. Journal of public health management and practice: JPHMP. 2016;22(3):215-218.
- The High Achieving Governmental Health Department in 2020 as the Community Chief Health Strategist
- Public Health 3.0: a Call to Action to Create a 21st Century Public Health Infrastructure