In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, Public Health Director Dawn Emerick, EdD, describes how a local health department in Oregon used change management principles to restructure their teams and services in advance of the state’s modernization efforts.
- Describe public health modernization efforts in Oregon.
- List two change management theories.
- Identify three change management tactics imperative to organizational restructuring.
Local, state, and tribal public health supervisors, managers, and directors
- Sinek, Simon. Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team. New York: Penguin, 2017.
- Kotter, John. Accelerate: Building Strategic Agility for a Faster-Moving World. Boston: Harvard Business School, 2014.
- Watkins, Michael. The First 90 Days: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter. Boston: Harvard Business School, 2013.
- Rogers, Everett. Diffusion of Innovations. New York: Simon and Schuster, 2003.
Dawn Emerick, EdD, Public Health Director, Clackamas County Health, Housing, and Human Services
- Under what circumstances, or in which programs, could your organization employ a change communication framework?
- How might your program or division begin to assess its readiness for change?