This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, reviews how to address homelessness with new messages and interventions.
- List the upstream determinants of homelessness.
- Describe evidence-based approaches to preventing homelessness (primary, secondary, and tertiary).
- Describe mechanisms to fund housing initiatives in major cities on the West Coast.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; community development and housing specialists
Hilary Godwin, PhD, Dean, University of Washington School of Public Health
- What can we do as individuals to foster greater empathy among the public towards individuals experiencing homelessness?
- As public health professionals, how can we better communicate what "social determinants of health" are and why they are important to lay audiences?
- Catching Homelessness by Josephine Ensign
- Nicholas WC, Henwood, BF. Applying a prevention framework to address homelessness as a population health issue. J Public Health Policy. 2018 Aug; 39(3):283-293.