In this one hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, three workforce development specialists share their tips for assessing staff training needs and implementing training plans.
- Describe the benefits of completing a training needs assessment
- Identify different ways to collect data for use in workforce development
- Describe how a targeted training needs assessment can benefit program planning
- Recognize the potential for a workforce development plan, beyond meeting accreditation requirements
Local, state, and tribal public health leaders and managers
Luann D’Ambrosio, MEd, Associate Director, Northwest Center for Public Health Practice
Tina Abbott, MSW, Interim Human Resource Service Delivery Manager, Public Health - Seattle & King County
Cindy Gleason, BS, Countermeasures and Training Section Manager for the Emergency Preparedness Program, Washington State Department of Health
These questions are designed to further your thinking on the topic covered in this webinar. You may print and discuss them with colleagues and other members of your organization before or after watching this webinar.
- What is the best way to identify employee confidence level and need for training in a given topic?
- Does our agency have a workforce development plan?