During this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, Alicia Miles and Rebecca Garza will discuss the campaign's strategies and the value of embedding health communications as a key component of a population-level, alcohol prevention program.
- Understand mass-reach health communications as a key strategy for reducing and preventing excessive alcohol use.
- Explore Oregon’s approach to developing a novel health communications initiative.
- Examine lessons learned from Rethink the Drink’s campaign launch, implementation and evaluation.
Local, state, and tribal public health practitioners
Alicia Miles, MA
Alcohol Epidemiologist, Oregon Health Authority
Rebecca Garza, MS
Health Promotion Strategist, Oregon Health Authority
- How have you used mass-reach health communications in your public health strategies?
- What support or training do you need to embed mass-reach health communications in your excessive alcohol prevention strategy?
- What narratives are told about alcohol or excessive alcohol use in your community? Which narratives are not told?
- Slides | Slide handout
- Oregon Health Authority | Rethink the Drink
- Oregon Health Authority | Excessive Alcohol Use Prevention
Continuing Education Credits
Up to 1 CPH recertification credit may be earned by viewing this webinar. Visit the National Board of Public Health Examiners to learn more.