In this one hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, Gary Goldbaum, MD, MPH, shares how his health district worked with partner agencies in response to the Oso, Washington mudslide.
- Describe the roles of public health when responding to a mass fatality disaster.
- Identify key barriers to effective response during a mass fatality disaster and strategies for overcoming those barriers.
- Identify key partners for assuring effective response to a mass fatality disaster.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; emergency management staff
These questions are designed to further your thinking on the topic covered in this webinar. You may print and discuss them with colleagues and other members of your organization before or after watching this webinar.
- Does your agency have a mass fatality plan, and have you discussed its implementation with key partners?
- Has your organization developed strong relationships with the emergency management agencies and other responders in your area?
- Does your organization have a staffing plan to manage a prolonged event?