In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, health care leaders provide an overview of the community health worker model and review opportunities for integrating these health professionals into public health and health care delivery systems.
- Identify various roles of community health workers within health care, public health, and community-based settings.
- List examples of services community health workers provide, from care coordination at the individual level to population health improvement.
- Describe strategies public health departments, community health centers, and community-based organizations can undertake to advance the community health workers workforce.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; community health center staff; community-based organizations
Seth Doyle, MA, Manager of the Community Health Improvement Program at Northwest Regional Primary Care Association
Charles Alfero, MA, Executive Director of the Southwest Center for Health Innovation at Hidalgo Medical Services
These questions are designed to further your thinking on the topic covered in this webinar. You may print and discuss them with colleagues and other members of your organization before or after watching this webinar.
- What roles do community health workers play within your agency or organization?
- What are the barriers or challenges to integrating community health workers into your organization (e.g., training, certification, sustainability)?
- What financing models are needed to further advance the community health workers workforce?
- REACH Su Comunidad Initiative
- Community Health Workers and Medicaid Managed Care in New Mexico
- National Community Health Advisor Study (PDF)
- Community Health Workers: Part Of The Solution
- Community Health Workers: Getting the Job Done in Health Care Delivery (video)