This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, explores how comics can be used for creative public health messaging.
- List key organizational considerations when developing comics for public information.
- Describe why comics are effective for conveying health information to diverse audiences.
- List examples of how comics have been used for health promotion, risk communication, and health advocacy.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; communication specialists; fans of graphic novels, educators
Meredith Li-Vollmer, PhD, Risk Communication Specialist, Public Health – Seattle & King County
- How can comics make information more accessible and reduce barriers to health literacy?
- What forms of communication do you do in your work? How could that information be adapted into comics, and how might that change how your audience interacts with it?
Tuesday, July 23, 2019, 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm PDT
Hot Topics in Practice