This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, explores how comics can be used for creative public health messaging.
- List key organizational considerations when developing comics for public information.
- Describe why comics are effective for conveying health information to diverse audiences.
- List examples of how comics have been used for health promotion, risk communication, and health advocacy.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; communication specialists; fans of graphic novels, educators
Meredith Li-Vollmer, PhD, Risk Communication Specialist, Public Health – Seattle & King County
- How can comics make information more accessible and reduce barriers to health literacy?
- What forms of communication do you do in your work? How could that information be adapted into comics, and how might that change how your audience interacts with it?