In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, Kristen Beiers-Jones, MN, reviews how population health nurses in Oregon are moving upstream to improve refugee health.
- Identify three reasons why health insurance lapses for refugee populations.
- List three common consequences of health insurance lapse among refugee populations.
- List two system-level solutions for preventing health insurance lapses among refugee populations.
- Consider the connections between social justice and health care access.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; maternal and child health specialists; primary care specialists and community health workers; health educators; refugee and immigrant service providers
Kristen Beiers-Jones, MN, Assistant Professor, Oregon Health Sciences University School of Nursing
- Who are the most common refugee groups in the northwest, and what are their major health concerns?
- What are common barriers refugees face in accessing health care in your area?
- What are useful strategies for helping population health professionals move from care coordination to systems changes?