Public Health is Essential! Stories and Action for Rebuilding Washington’s Core Services
In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, government affairs specialists discuss a statewide plan to build public support for funding essential public health services in Washington.
Air date: January 24, 2017, noon to 1:00 p.m. (PT)
- List three elements of the foundational public health services funding proposal being considered by the Washington State Legislature.
- Review how to talk about core public health services in compelling ways to those who are not familiar with them.
- Identify two ways to educate decision-makers and other stakeholders on the importance of public health in local communities.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; partners of public health
Slides and Resources
Heather Thomas, MPA, MA, Public and Government Affairs Manager, Snohomish Health District
Anne Burkland, MPA, Government Relations Specialist, Public Health – Seattle & King County
Jennifer Muhm, MPA, Government Affairs Director, Washington State Nurses Association
- Which groups in your community are impacted by public health services? What services do they receive?
- What public health services would people be surprised to learn are not taking place in your community?
- What recent health issues have been in the news in your community that could spark a conversation about funding public health services?