Expanding Access to Long-Acting Reversible Contraception in Washington’s North Sound
In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, representatives from the North Sound Accountable Community of Health discuss unintended pregnancies and expanding contraception access in their area.
Air date: February 21, 2017, noon to 1:00 p.m. (PT)
- Describe Washington State’s Accountable Communities of Health in general, and the North Sound Accountable Community of Health in particular.
- List three challenges an unintended pregnancy creates.
- Identify effective forms of contraception.
- Summarize one success and one lesson learned from the North Sound Accountable Community of Health’s Long-Acting Reversible Contraception project.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; reproductive justice advocates
Slides and Resources
A recording of this webinar is available through PH LearnLink.
Linda McCarthy, Executive Director, Mt. Baker Planned Parenthood
Lee Che Leong, MEd, Senior Project Manager, North Sound Accountable Community of Health
- What barriers do women face in accessing Long-Acting Reversible Contraception?
- What can health care providers and educators do to reduce clients’ barriers to accessing Long-Acting Reversible Contraception?