Do you find yourself struggling to communicate your public health message? This 90-minute online course is designed for public health professionals, especially those responsible for implementing environmental health programs. It introduces key communication strategies to help field workers successfully educate the public about environmental public health issues, communicate important environmental health information to diverse audiences, resolve conflicts, and market the value of environmental public health activities to clients and the public.
- Summarize the five components of the communication process
- Describe three skills important for effectively educating the public about environmental public health issues
- Explain four skills for communicating information to a variety of audiences
- Describe five key skills that are necessary for facilitating the resolution of job-related communication conflicts
- Explain four strategies that are important for marketing the value of environmental public health activities to clients and the public
Public health professionals, especially practitioners who are responsible for implementing environmental health programs.
This HTML-based online course has interactive exercises (Flash-based). This course should take approximately 60-90 minutes to complete.
Carl Osaki, RS, MSPH
Northwest Center for Public Health Practice
School of Public Health, University of Washington
This course requires certain software and browser plugins to be installed. See our Technical Requirements page for details.
This online training course is text-based and is designed for accessibility. A print version of the course is also available in the Supplemental Material section at the bottom of this page. Please note that the print version does not include interactive exercises, quizzes, or the final assessment. Flash-based interactive exercises and quizzes in the course may not be accessible to screen readers. To receive a print version of the quizzes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any difficulties in accessing the information given in any of our documents or need further assistance, please contact email@example.com.