This one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, discusses a unique community coalition in Klamath County, Oregon, that is connecting economic improvements to health.
- Learn about the intersections between health and economic development.
- Learn about interventions to community health on various levels of the socio-ecological model.
- Review how a collaborative approach to community health improvements in a rural community can operate.
Local, state, and tribal public health professionals; community development specialists
Slides and Resources
- Slides | Slide handout (3 slides per page) (available immediately before the session)
- Healthy Klamath
- Rural Health Information Hub
- County Health Rankings - What Works for Health
- Good Health Is Good Business
Jennifer Little, MPH, Director, Klamath County Public Health
- How does the food system contribute to health in your community?
- How does individual health contribute to employment and economic development in your community?
- How can rural communities create meaningful, sustainable changes to improve the health of their residents?