In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, leaders from Washington State discuss what Zika preparedness means for the region's public health and emergency management systems.
- Understand the basic science of Zika, and its likely impact in your area.
- Be familiar with current CDC guidance for Zika.
- Know how Foundational Public Health Services can help strengthen public health preparedness and response for communicable diseases.
Local, state, and tribal public health practitioners; Leaders and managers in emergency preparedness and response
Jeffrey Duchin, MD, Health Officer of Public Health - Seattle & King County
Marie Flake, MPH, Special Projects, Foundational Public Health Services, Washington State Department of Health
- Commentary: US Public Health Preparedness for Zika and Other Threats Remains Vulnerable, Jeff Duchin in Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness
- Foundational Public Health Services at Washington State Department of Health (DOH)
- FPHS Definitions from Washington DOH