In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, Josh Gryniewicz, CEO of the social change consultancy Odd Duck, will focus on strategies to navigate deceptive messaging across the media. Josh will discuss the misinformation continuum, with a special emphasis on distrust, the importance of storytelling and building trust, and other essential keys to navigating misinformation. He will then discuss actions that will help public health practitioners build trust for pro-health outcomes in their communities.
- Assess the types of misinformation/disinformation that infect a media ecosystem
- Define the five essential keys to navigating a media ecosystem to build trust
- Establish concrete actions community-based organizations can take to navigate a complicated media ecosystem
Local, state, and tribal public health practitioners
CEO, Odd Duck
- How can participants apply strategies to counter disinformation and misinformation in their own communities?
- How might the actions discussed in this presentation be applied to other issues affecting public health in the broader culture?
- What role does strategic storytelling play in your organization?
- Slides | Slide handout
- Communities RISE Together (Reach, Immunizations, System Change for Equity)
- Public Health Communications Collaborative Misinformation Alerts
- Project Over Zero Belonging Barometer
Continuing Education Credits
Up to 1 CPH recertification credit may be earned by viewing this webinar. Visit the National Board of Public Health Examiners to learn more.