During this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, Dr. James Fausto, the Medical Director of Palliative Care for UW Medicine and a Cambia Sojourns Leadership Scholar, will review the five key principles of adaptive leadership. He will then ask attendees to reflect on current workplace challenges using these principles, offering a number of resources to learn more about adaptive leadership. This presentation will expose attendees to a new approach for considering leadership challenges and act as a refresher for those who are already familiar with the adaptive leadership framework.
- Learn foundational principles of adaptive leadership
- Understand why leading adaptively is important in today’s health systems environment
- Consider how you will apply these principles to your own leadership challenges and personal practice
Local, state, and tribal public health practitioners
James Fausto, MD, MHA, FAAHPM
Medical Director, Palliative Care
Associate Professor, Department of Family Medicine
University of Washington School of Medicine
- What adaptive challenges are present in your typical day of work?
- What implications does an adaptive leadership style have for understanding your common challenges?
- How do you see the strain and stress associated with change impacting your organization?
- Slides | Slide handout
- 5 Principles to Guide Adaptive Leadership | Harvard Business Review
- Adaptive Leadership | NACCHO
Continuing Education Credits
Up to 1 CPH recertification credit may be earned by viewing this webinar. Visit the National Board of Public Health Examiners to learn more.