From Access to Taxes: Strategies for Reducing Sugar Consumption in the U.S.
In this one-hour webinar, which is part of the Hot Topics series, Jim Krieger, MD, MPH, discusses policy and communications strategies for lowering sugar consumption in the U.S.
Air date: June 21, 2016, noon to 1:00 p.m. (PT)
- Describe trends in sugar consumption
- Understand factors that drive sugar consumption
- List strategies to reduce sugar consumption
Local, state, and tribal public health practitioners; local, state, and tribal policy makers; healthy food advocates
Slides and Resources
A recording of this webinar is available through PH LearnLink.
Jim Krieger, MD, MPH, Executive Director, Healthy Food America, and Clinical Professor of Medicine and Health Services, University of Washington
- What strategies to reduce sugar consumption have the highest impact and are most feasible to adopt and implement?
- What are the most powerful arguments against sugary drink taxes and how would you counter them?
- What should be considered when implementing sugar reduction strategies to assure they reduce health inequities?