Public Health Mangement Certificate Continuing Education (SP2717)
- Use the Council on Linkages Core Competencies to develop specific management skills related to managing people and teams.
- Use the Council on Linkages Core Competencies to develop specific management skills related to managing money.
- Use the Council on Linkages Core Competencies to develop specific management skills related to managing information.
- Apply core management skills to a real world experience through an integrated project experience.
- Correlate fundamental public health concepts with the realities of public health practice conditions.
- Compare current operational issues among participants from different jurisdictions across the Northwest and the United States.
- Describe the components of a strong project management tool.
CME: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and University of Washington Northwest Center for Public Health Practice The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited by the (ACCME®) to provide medical education for physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention designates this live activity for a maximum of (26.75) AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
CNE: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. This activity provides 26.7 contact hours.
CEU: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is authorized by IACET to offer 2.7 CEU's for this program.
CECH: Sponsored by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, a designated provider of continuing education contact hours (CECH) in health education by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. This program is designated for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and/or Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES) to receive up to 27.0 total Category I continuing education contact hours. Maximum advanced level continuing education contact hours available are 0 CDC provider number 98614.
CPH: This activity provides 27.0 credits.
In compliance with continuing education requirements, all presenters must disclose any financial or other associations with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters as well as any use of unlabeled product(s) or product(s) under investigational use.
CDC, our planners, presenters, and their spouses/partners wish to disclose they have no financial interests or other relationships with the manufacturers of commercial products, suppliers of commercial services, or commercial supporters. Planners have reviewed content to ensure there is no bias.
Content will not include any discussion of the unlabeled use of a product or a product under investigational use.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and University of Washington Northwest Center for Public Health Practice are jointly providing the CNE for this activity.
CDC did not accept commercial support for this continuing education activity.
To Receive Continuing Education
- Complete the activity.
- Complete the Evaluation at www.cdc.gov/TCEOnline
- Pass the post-test at 100% at www.cdc.gov/TCEOnline (if applicable)
FEES: There are no fees for CE. Application fee for the Public Health Management Certificate is $4,000 for the 12-month program.