Alaska Public Health Association Annual Health Summit 2014
Jan 29, 2014 04:30 PM
"Changing Systems, Changing Lives"
2014 Summit Tracks
- Policy and System Changes - This track discusses policy and systems changes related to health, health care and public health. A look at changes in public health that have occurred and what is to come, and how systems and policies can support and improve the health of populations.
- Public Health Research and Evaluation - This track highlights programs and projects that demonstrate contributions to the scientific foundation for improving health through public health science, research, evaluation, and translation-to-practice.
- Behavioral Health - This track discusses evidence-based behavioral health programs and activities that highlight best practices in treatments, interventions, and public health education for a healthy mind and spirit.
- Evidence-Based Public Health Practice and Program Improvement Tools - This track discusses evidence-based public health activities that support and improve program implementation, and highlights best practices.
- Social and Economic Determinants of Health - This track discusses what is known about social and economic determinants of health and how to improve health status for individuals, communities, and regions as a whole.