Northwest Preparedness & Emergency Response Research Center (NWPERRC)
NWCPHP houses one of nine regional Preparedness and Emergency Response Research Centers established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Since 2008, researchers at the Northwest Preparedness and Emergency Response Research Center (NWPERRC), have conducted innovative, community-based research focused on public health emergency communication. Housed within NWCPHP and funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the NWPERRC focused on how to best reach essential or vulnerable diverse audiences with critical information in emergency situations.
- Limited English Proficiency 911
- Reaching Health Care Providers with Emergency Information
- Text Messaging for Public Health Emergencies
- Predicting Severity of Motor Vehicle Crashes
- Continuity of Operations During Disasters
- Automated Language Translation of Public Health Information
- Influenza Vaccine Safety Reporting
- Media Campaign to Improve Bystander CPR Skills of Chinese Speakers
- SMS Message Content for Emergency Communication